Monday, December 29, 2008

Farewell

Dear Friends,

I wanted to share the news with you that I left my parish assignment and Illinois on December 12. Because of the circumstances and many last minute arrangements, it just wasn't possible to give you any notice before this.

I was offered a very exciting opportunity to take my ministry in a direction that I'm passionate about. I'll be writing and evangelizing in a publishing firm based in Louisville, Kentucky. I moved down two weeks ago and have been working hard to get settled before I begin my new appointment on January 5.

This move was my own decision, not the Bishop's. In fact, he urged me to stay put. But I feel very strongly that this is something that I am called to do -- so I ask your prayers and blessings as I begin this new adventure in the Lord's service.

Since I won't be functioning as a parish priest, I won't be able to continue to send homilies on a regular basis as in the past. Thank you for your continued support of my ministry.

I send my blessings for a Joyous Christmas season and a happy, healthy, holy New Year.

Father Jeff